Why does the South have the highest prevalence of Exclusive breastfeeding?

@m.nwaokocha Natural things are more healthier and and more nutritious than formulated nutrients… God is the greatest chemist, he knows the right proportion for everything, breastfeeding/breast milk is far better than any formulated nutrient for children.

2 Likes

Exactly, You hit the nail on the head. All the formula milk companies are just trying to emulate the breastmilk

1 Like

Educated & ignorant (the worst type of combination), although i feel like prevalence of exclusive breastfeeding is directly related to skilled birth attendance. An uneducated person can get quick education from an educated person about basic things like breastfeed your child

2 Likes

Are formulas not produced from natural ingredients, are they synthetic?

1 Like

True. That’s why they are advised to go for both antenatal and postnatal care. They get the needed information there

1 Like

The breastmilk a mother makes for her baby is different on day one, to day seven, to day 30, and so on. For example, the breastmilk made by a mother of a premature baby has different concentrations of various substances to suit her baby’s special needs. And, when weaning, a mother’s breastmilk increases the concentration of immune protective factors to give her baby a final dose of immune protection before weaning is complete - See more at: What’s In Breast Milk and What’s In Formula?

3 Likes

Trying… Nice one :wink: :smile:

2 Likes

I agree with the postulation that education has a role.
I also feel that the public health space has not done so much as regards exclusive breastfeeding in the north.

2 Likes

Really? Are there any practices you would like to recommend?

1 Like