The eHealth for Everyone Foundation is announcing her first-ever Health Data Analytics (HDA) graduate fellowship which is now accepting applications! This fellowship, endorsed by the Federal Ministry of Health, is focused on developing the capacity of graduate students in health data analytics and related areas at higher academic and research levels. It will pave the way for the next phase of technological innovations for improving health data analytics and healthcare delivery in Nigeria.
The objectives of the HDA fellowship are to:
- Build local capacity for research in health data analytics
- Support the development of health data platforms
- Improve the utilization of health data and data platforms
- Use findings to inform Health Information Systems (HIS) policy development
- Facilitate the publication of research reports in recognized journals
Each fellow will receive up to ₦1,000,000.00 for postgraduate research (including research expenses e.g. equipment, data collection, etc).
Each applicant should:
- Hold an acceptable form of Identification (i.e. an International passport issued by the Nigerian immigration service; Drivers’ license; Voters’ Card, National Identity Number (NIN) card)
- Be a postgraduate student of any accredited University with a valid means of identification
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree of at least a 3.5/5.0 CGPA (Second class upper honors) for Masters’ students, and at least a Merit or its equivalent in Masters’, for PhD students.
- Focus their research on improving the Nigerian health system within the following areas:
- Data Management
- Visual Analytics
- Data Mining
- Data Integration
- Health outcomes
- Health financing
- Health Workforce
- Population and demographics
- Health facility service availability and readiness
- Health Impact
- Advanced analytics
- Open data advocacy
- Big Data for health
- Data demand and use
- Statistical modelling of health data
- Health Information System interoperability
- Artificial Intelligence
- Carefully complete each section of the HDA fellowship application form and attach the required documents below:
- Curriculum Vitae (CVs)
- Admission letters,
- Statement of purpose,
- Research proposal/summary including timelines for execution,
- Letters of recommendation/representation from your institution
- A previously published paper, if available. This would be an added advantage.
- A 2-minute video of the applicant explaining their research proposal and motivation is required.
- Form(s) should be submitted on or before 16th August 2021 by 11:59 pm WAT. We do not accept late applications.
- The HDA fellowship committee will carefully review each proposal and make a final decision. Successful applicants would be notified (within 8 weeks after the application deadline) that they have been selected to receive the research grant.
- Successful applicants must officially “accept” the offer via email within a week.
To submit your application please use the Call for Applications form.