From the evidence so far, the COVID-19 virus can be transmitted in ALL AREAS.
As at 26th March, a total of 51 confirmed cases of COVID-19 exist in Nigeria. You can protect yourself and also protect others by preventing the spread of the virus.
- Stay well-informed by following the right sources (i.e. WHO, NCDC and the Federal Ministry of Health)
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water for 20 seconds, or apply an alcohol-based hand rub
- Clean AND disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily (tables, door-handles, phones, sinks etc) with household disinfectants or diluted bleach
- Cover your nose and mouth with a disposable tissue or flexed elbow when you cough or sneeze
- Boost your immune system by eating the right diet, taking multivitamins and drinking lots of water
- Avoid spitting in public
- Avoid close contact (6 feet) with people who are unwell
- Stay home and self-isolate if you can
- Panic. Try to remain calm
- Touch your eyes, nose, or mouth if your hands are not clean
Sources: WHO, NCDC